It is no secret that WhatsApp is the top messaging app. This application, which is owned by Meta, has been the most popular option for users to communicate with other people, both personally and professionally, for many years. Other messaging applications, such as Telegram, have indeed gained some ground, but to date, none has been able to snatch WhatsApp's throne.
In part, this is because they have been gradually adding new features to make the experience more comprehensive. One of the older and most useful features of this application is broadcast lists, and in this article, we are going to explain more about them.
What is a WhatsApp broadcast list and what is it used for?
Imagine you want to send the same message to several of your contacts. WhatsApp gives you the possibility to send this message one by one to all these contacts, but it is a somewhat tedious process that will take you more time than you might think. Fortunately, the application lets you use broadcast lists, which is a feature that lets you do this in a faster way.
Broadcast lists let you share the same message with as many contacts as you want without having to create a group or do it individually. As you will see below, creating a broadcast list is simple, and it will take you no more than a few minutes.
How to send broadcast messages on WhatsApp
To create a broadcast list and send messages through it, we will have to follow a series of easy steps:
- First, open the WhatsApp application.
- Once you are inside the application, tap on the icon with three vertical dots at the top right corner.
- In the drop-down menu that will appear, choose the New broadcast option.
- You will see the list of contacts to whom you can send a broadcast message. Keep in mind that you will only be able to send this kind of message to contacts saved on your phone.
- Now, choose the contacts you want to send the message to. You will "only" be able to choose a maximum of 256 contacts and a minimum of 2 contacts.
- Once you have chosen the contacts, tap on the green icon in the lower right corner.
- Type the message you want to send. No one will know that you have created a mailing list to send the same message to several contacts.
- When they reply to you, the message will appear in an individual conversation, not in this mailing list.
The broadcast list will remain created in case you want to send more broadcast messages to the same contacts. If you want to delete it, you only have to keep your finger on it and tap on the trash can icon that will appear at the top of the screen.