Linking two or more Instagram accounts allows us to log in to any of them with the same credentials. This feature lets us switch between two or more profiles in the application without having to remember several passwords, something very useful when we have both a professional and a personal profile.
But what if we want to unlink our accounts? The process is quite simple if we know how to do it. Below, you will find a step-by-step guide to unlinking Instagram accounts.
How to know if an Instagram account is linked to another one
To find out if we have an account linked to another, we only need to go to our profile and tap on the username. The pop-up menu will display the current profile and, if available, other linked profiles.How to check if we have connected Instagram accounts
How to unlink Instagram accounts with the same email or phone number
Now that we know that we have two (or more) accounts linked in our Instagram app, it is time to unlink the profiles. To do so, follow these steps:
- Open the Instagram app on your smartphone.
- Tap the profile picture that appears in the bottom menu of the screen.
- Tap your username.
- In the menu that appears, select the account you want to unlink.
- Now tap the icon with the three stripes in the upper right corner.
- Tap on Settings.
- Scroll down to the Login section.
- Tap on the option to log out of the account.
After doing this, we will only have one account in our profile. However, before you do this, you must know that Instagram no longer lets you link multiple accounts. If you unlink your profiles, the change will be permanent.