Meta's messaging platform is constantly evolving to meet the needs of its users. Among the improvements implemented for images, there is a feature for total or partial pixelation of photos, letting users censor them before sending them to another person without having to leave the chat. Would you like to know where it is and how to use it?
How to blur images in WhatsApp without external apps
Would you like to hide sensitive information from an image before sending it to a WhatsApp contact? Now we can do it directly from the app without an external editor. To do so, just follow these steps.
- Open WhatsApp and choose one of the chats.
- Tap the camera icon in the bottom bar.
- Select the image you want to send and tap on the pencil icon.
- Choose the fourth option from the bottom menu and slide your finger over the parts of the image you want to pixelate.
- Once you are happy with the result, tap the OK button in the upper left corner and finally press the submit button.
Additionally, WhatsApp lets us censor images with colored strokes by drawing freehand. To do this, instead of selecting the fourth option from the bottom menu of the editor, we must choose one of the other three.Color brush tool to hide elements on a photo in WhatsApp
All of them are used to cover with color strokes certain parts of an image, differing in the size of the brush. An advantage of this method is that you can choose the color you want to use from the palette.