La Caixa has landed on the App Store with one of the most simple applications in terms of banking services and operations. If what we're looking for is fast payment between individuals from our phone, we'll simply have to access the CaixaBank Pay section that works through the Bizum platform.
The app has been optimized for iPhone and iPod touch from iOS 6 onwards, that means that if your phone is getting old you'll still be able to manage your finance without problems.
That might well be the reason why the app doesn't make the most of Apple's innovations and native technology. The truth is that we miss a greater integration into the iOS ecosystem because, although it makes use of Touch ID, it doesn't take advantage of Wallet, Apple's native app to manage credit cards, tickets, bank accounts, etc.
In any case, if you're a client of La Caixa, you can carry out the majority of your usual transactions from your mobile phone without having to go your nearest physical office, in other words, CaixaBank is focused on consumer finance.
Unfortunately, it still doesn't allow the integration of Apple Pay, although that shouldn't take too long.
What services are available on CaixaBank?
- Control your accounts without troubles: movements, receipts, transfers, fines, taxes, donations...
- Check the operations carried out with your debit and credit cards.
- Fixed-term deposit requests.
- Advice and information about loans and funds.
- Information and management of car and home insurance.
- Receive and configure alerts from your mobile phone.
- Update your investments on the stock market.
- Find nearby offices and ATM cash machines.
- Customize your favorite functions to offer them as shortcuts from the home screen.